You’ve got some parties to attend, and you want to be mindful of the food and drink choices you make so you don’t just go “all out” and have regrets later.
There’s a way to enjoy the party without busting your mindful ways when it comes to choosing beverages. And we get it. Water is great, but we can’t drink that all the time at parties. Sometimes we want to feel a little bit more festive.
That’s where cranberry ginger ale can really shine! It’s delicious, and even though most commercial brands still have a ton of sugar in them, there is some ginger and cranberry in it, making it not totally devoid of nutrients.
Depending on the brand, or if you make your own, you can even create a cranberry ginger ale beverage that is downright healthy!
How to Make Your Own Cranberry Ginger Ale
Making your own cranberry ginger ale is a fun and easy way to show off your culinary skills, and it’s also a delicious drink that will leave you feeling refreshed. Also, if you make it at home, you can control the sugar and put in just enough to taste, or use a healthier sweetener like honey instead of granulated sugar.
Commercial brands will always put in more sugar than you likely would if you were making it yourself.
Ingredients for Cranberry Ginger Ale
All you need are:
- fresh cranberries
- white sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- grated ginger root, or powdered
- lemon juice
- sparkling water, soda water (like Perrier), or water, depending on whether you want a carbonated or a non-carbonated beverage. Both are good!
1) Place the cranberries with enough water to cover them in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the berries to a boil before reducing the heat and simmering for about 15 minutes until they start to pop open.
2) Strain the fruit mixture through a fine sieve into a clean jar or container.
To make a cranberry ginger ale drink that is non-carbonated:
3) Pour in enough cold water to fill half of a large jar or container to make multiple servings.
Add your cranberry concentrate, make it as strong or as weak as you choose.
Ground or freshly grated ginger according to preference (a scant 1/4 teaspoon is usually sufficient). You can sweeten the drink as desired with sugar or honey.
Squeeze in lemon juice, amount is up to you, and stir. Screw on the lid tightly, store in the refrigerator, and use up within 2 weeks.
To make a cranberry ginger ale drink that is carbonated, make it on demand:
To keep the drink from going flat, make each glass of cranberry ginger ale on demand.
Pour a glass of soda water and add in cranberry juice concentrate that you made above to taste. Add in fresh ginger, lemon juice and sweetener of choice to taste.
Health benefits of cranberry ginger ale
Cranberry ginger ale is a delicious and healthy beverage choice that can be enjoyed by everyone. Not only is it refreshing, but it also has several health benefits. Let’s take a look at both the health benefits of cranberries and ginger.
Health benefits of cranberries
Cranberries are known for their health benefits. Here are five of the most common ones:
- Cranberry juice can help reduce the risk of urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Cranberries contain antioxidants, and they are rich in Vitamin C, which may help protect against cancer and other diseases.
- They have been linked to improved blood sugar control in people with diabetes.
- Cranberry juice has anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce the symptoms of conditions like Crohn’s disease and asthma disorders.
- Cranberry extracts have been shown to be effective at treating bladder inflammation.
Health benefits of ginger
There are a number of health benefits to ginger, and it is often recommended for people suffering from various diseases or conditions. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Ginger can help improve digestion. It contains vitamins A and C, as well as enzymes that help break down food in the stomach.
- Ginger can also ease nausea and vomiting because it stimulates the appetite.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help relieve pain from arthritis, menstrual cramps, headaches, toothaches, etc.
- Ginger is beneficial for skin care because of its antimicrobial properties. It helps to fight bacteria and fungi that cause skin infections.
Making mindful choices at the bar is important.
With all of the health benefits of cranberries and ginger, it makes a lot of sense to get some of your nutritional value in your cocktail or beverage when socializing or at home.
Weighing nutritional content is a good habit to get into when you have delicious choices, especially at a party. Why choose something that has no nutritional content when there are choices like a refreshing cranberry ginger ale that has plenty?
If you are not up to making your own, Canada Dry has got you covered.
Canada Dry Cranberry Ginger Ale
We hope you have a wonderful social event!
More from thewellthieone.com
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.