Gout is a type of arthritis that causes sudden, severe episodes of pain, swelling, redness and stiffness in the joints. It’s caused by an excess buildup of uric acid in the body.
While gout can be treated with medication, there are other natural remedies that can help you manage your symptoms and keep them under control. One such remedy is turmeric! Let’s take a closer look at how turmeric can help with gout outbreaks and pain.
What Causes Gout?
Gout is caused by an excess buildup of uric acid in the body. Uric acid is a waste product created by the breakdown of purines, which are found naturally in many foods.
When too much uric acid accumulates in the bloodstream, it crystallizes and forms deposits around joint tissues. This leads to inflammation and pain in those areas.
Common foods that contain purines include shellfish, red meat, organ meats (such as liver), beer, and certain types of vegetables (such as mushrooms).
How can turmeric help with gout outbreaks and pain?
The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric can help reduce inflammation associated with gout outbreaks. Studies have also shown that turmeric may be effective at reducing pain from gout attacks due to its analgesic effects.
The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, has been found to inhibit cyclooxygenase-2 enzyme activity which has been linked to inflammation and pain associated with gout episodes.
Furthermore, curcumin has been found to increase levels of antioxidant enzymes which helps reduce oxidative stress caused by free radicals generated during a gout attack.
Can turmeric help lower uric acid?
Studies have shown that taking curcumin supplements regularly may help reduce uric acid levels in the blood. This could be beneficial for people suffering from gout because high levels of uric acid are believed to be one of the main causes of these painful episodes.
Additionally, curcumin has been found to inhibit xanthine oxidase activity which further helps lower uric acid production in the body.
Is turmeric good for gout?
Yes, turmeric is good for gout. In fact, it has been shown to be a powerful treatment for this condition. Turmeric is a spice extracted from the root of the Curcuma longa plant. It contains anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce pain and inflammation in gouty joints.
Additionally, turmeric is also known to improve blood circulation and increase joint mobility. So, adding this spice to your diet may help improve your symptoms significantly!
What are 2 powerful and natural turmeric blends that I can take to relieve a gout pain outbreak?
If you are looking for effective gout pain management, look no further. We did the research so you don’t have to. We found 2 highly rated, potent turmeric blended supplements that soothe inflamed joints, and bring back normalcy quickly.
1. Nature’s Nutrition Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine & Ginger
Good things to know about Nature’s Nutrition Turmeric & Ginger with Bioprene for Gout Pain Relief:
- High Potency turmeric & ginger
- Premium T3 Turmeric Curcumin Complex 1950mg; with 95% standardized curcuminoids; and enhanced with 15mg BioPerine and Ginger to provide maximum potency; absorption and bio-availability
Turmeric and Ginger are arguably the most powerful herbs on the planet, especially for pain relief
Curcumin; is one of the primary compounds in turmeric powder; is a natural antioxidant; providing natural joint and healthy inflammatory support
- With Bioperine and Ginger for Absorption
- BioPerine; a patented black pepper extract; with ginger has been shown to improve the absorption of many herbs and spices; and provides as much as 2000x better absorption than consuming normal turmeric capsules alone
- Trusted Formula: Our Turmeric Curcumin is formulated and manufactured in the USA following strict cGMP guidelines; Our Turmeric with BioPerine and Ginger is third party tested to assure the quality and purity of each batch
- Extra golden joint health nature natures nutrition pills powder pure relief
- 240 capsules
- Highly rated on Amazon
2. Terry Naturally Curamin Extra Strength – 90 Tablets
Good things to know about Terry Naturally Curamin Turmeric Extra Strength Pain Relief:
- Non-addictive natural pain relief
- Safe and effective
- Curamin safely and effectively reduces occasional muscle pain due to exercise or overuse
- Over 50 Published Studies; Curamin is made with the most clinically studied, enhanced absorption curcumin in the world; BCM-95/Curcugreen curcumin contains turmeric essential oil with ar-turmerone and is better absorbed than turmeric
- Four powerhouse ingredients:
- Curamin combines clinically proven curcumin
- Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten Free – 30 Servings
- Recognized throughout the health food industry for pain relief
- The High Quality Difference; All Terry Naturally products are manufactured to strict Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) set by the FDA and are produced with the highest quality ingredients
- Highly rated on Amazon
How Much Turmeric Should I Take For Gout?
It’s recommended that you take 500 mg of curcumin capsules three times per day for optimal results when treating gout with turmeric supplements or powder form products containing curcuminoids.
However, it’s important to consult your doctor before starting any new supplement regimen as everyone’s situation is unique and dosages may vary depending on individual health factors such as age or medication use. If you’re considering adding turmeric into your diet as well, 1 teaspoon per day should suffice but again check with your doctor first just to make sure it won’t interfere with any other medications you might be taking!
How Can I Speed Up The Healing Process Of Gout?
In addition to supplementing with turmeric or consuming it through food sources such as curry dishes or golden milk lattes, made using an alternative to dairy milk like almond milk, there are other lifestyle changes you can make to speed up the healing process associated with gout flare ups:
- Exercising regularly
- Maintaining a healthy weight range for your height/age
- Avoiding overly sugary beverages/foods
- Limiting or eliminating alcohol consumption
- Drinking plenty of water throughout the day
- Getting enough sleep
- Reducing stress levels
- Eating more vitamin C rich foods like oranges or peppers
- Reducing intake on processed meats & dairy products
- Eating more fiber rich foods like oatmeal & chia seeds etc…
All these things together will go a long way towards helping you manage your gout symptoms & lessen their severity over time!
Concluding thoughts about using turmeric on a regular basis to help with gout pain
No one wants to deal with painful flare-ups from gouts. Thankfully there are natural remedies like turmeric available that can provide relief without the unwanted side effects that come with taking over the counter or prescription drugs.
As always though please check-in with your doctor before beginning any new supplement regimen just so they know what’s going on & if anything needs adjusting accordingly.
We hope you feel better soon!
More from thewellthieone.com
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.