Whether you just had your wisdom teeth removed or you’re helping a friend or family member recover from surgery, one of the most important things to focus on is getting a good night’s sleep. Here are 5 tips on how to sleep after wisdom teeth removal.
1. Sleep upright: For the first few nights after wisdom teeth removal, it’s best to sleep in an upright position. This can be done by propping yourself up with pillows or sleeping in a recliner chair. Sleeping upright will help reduce swelling and pain.
2. Use ice: Applying ice to the face can also help reduce swelling and pain. Ice packs can be placed on the cheeks for 20 minutes at a time, and this should be done several times throughout the day.
A softer way to apply cold to your face is with a head wrap like this:
TheraICE Rx Soft Wisdom Teeth Ice Pack Head Wrap TMJ Pain Relief Products
Why we like TheralCE cold pack for managing wisdom tooth pain:
- Soft relief from pain with cold
- Stretchable compression
- Fits every face, one size
- No fuss cold therapy while you rest
- Safe to use on bare skin
- Form fitting gel, no hard inserts
- Simply freeze for 2 hours before use
- Highly rated on Amazon
3. Take pain medication: As directed by your dentist or oral surgeon, take over-the-counter or prescription pain medication to help ease any discomfort you may be feeling. It’s important to stay ahead of the pain so that you can get a good night’s sleep.
If you are interested in skipping the pharmaceuticals and trying natural pain relievers, we recommend:
Toothache & Nerve Pain in Jaw Bio23
Why we love BestMade Bio 23 for wisdom pain relief:
- All natural ingredients
- Contains powerful natural minerals
- Helps with jaw, nerve and dental pain safely and effectively
- Eases inflammation and swelling
- Highly rated on Amazon
4. Avoid drinking alcohol: Alcohol can thin your blood and cause further bleeding and swelling. It’s best to avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours after surgery.
5. Keep your mouth clean: Brush your teeth gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush and rinse your mouth with salt water several times a day as directed by your dentist or oral surgeon. This will help promote healing and prevent infection.
We recommend using all natural products without alcohol or chemicals like this:
Primal Life Organics – Dirty Mouth Gum Serum
Natural Essential Oils, Promotes Good Breath, Gentle Mouthwash, Supports Good Oral Health, Great On Your Gums
By following these simple tips, you can promote healing and get a good night’s sleep after wisdom teeth removal. Recovery from wisdom teeth surgery can vary from person to person, but if you take care of yourself, you should feel back to normal in no time!
More from thewellthieone.com
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.