How to Massage Kale for the Best Flavor
Kale is a delicious and nutritious leafy green that It can be enjoyed in many different ways. One of the the best way to enjoy kale is to massage it with your hands releasing its natural flavors. This simple cooking technique can this transforms kale from a tough and bitter vegetable into a tender and and sweet treats.
Why do you massage kale?
Massaging the kale helps to break down the cell walls of the kale, which makes it softer and more palatable. It also allows the dressing to better penetrate the leaves. ensuring that every bite is flavorful.
Kale is a healthy vegetable, but some people find it a bit tough and bitter. Massaging the kale helps to soften it up and remove some of its bitterness. It also brings out the flavor of the kale. It’s a tasty and nutritious addition to any salad. Perfect superfood additions to any kale salad:
Here’s how to massage kale:
- Start with a large bunch of kale. Wash the kale thoroughly in cool water to remove any dirt or debris.
- Remove the tough stems from the kale leaves and discard them. You can also tear the kale leaves into smaller pieces if you prefer.
- Place the kale leaves in a large bowl or container. Drizzle with olive oil and massage the olive oil into the kale leaves until they are evenly coated.
- Add your favorite seasonings to the kale and massage them in until evenly distributed. Some great options include garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Allow the seasoned kale to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will give the flavors time to meld together and produce an even tastier dish!
Simply Made Eats shows you how to massage kale like the salad chef you are in her 4 minute video!
If you would like to skip much of the prep work, it is fine to buy bagged salads once in a while. Whatever it takes to not skip your salads is a fine route to take. You can also skip the trip to the grocery store and order your bag of kale and fixings online!
Harvest Sensations, Salad Bag Kale Organic, 16 Ounce
Kale is a delicious and nutritious leafy green that can be enjoyed in many different ways, but one of the best ways is to massage it with your hands to release its natural flavors. This simple cooking technique can transform kale from a tough and bitter vegetable into a tender and sweet treat. Give it a try next time you’re looking for a healthy and flavorful side dish!
We wish you well on your continuing journey to optimum health!
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.