Want quick and easy sweet potatoes in the air fryer with a gourmet flare?
Making them in an air fryer yields great results without using a lot of oil or fat, and it’s also quick and easy!
Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. A good way to add nutrition and more flavor to sweet potatoes in the air fryer is by adding herbs to the oil you use.
In this blog post, we will explore the health benefits of sweet potatoes as well as two great recipes for enhancing the flavor and nutrition of your oil by making sweet potatoes in an air fryer with an herb and oil marinade.
Health benefits of sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes carry a ton of nutrition and health benefits, like:
- Sweet potatoes are a good source of dietary fiber, which helps keep you full longer and aids in digestion.
- They are also rich in vitamin B6, which helps regulate hormones and supports a healthy nervous system.
- Vitamin C is another nutrient abundantly found in sweet potatoes that boosts your immune system and promotes healthy skin and hair.
- Sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene, an antioxidant that helps reduce inflammation and protect against disease.
Why use herbs in your sweet potato cooking oil?
Dried and fresh herbs can both add flavor and health benefits to sweet potatoes. Dried herbs complement the flavor of the sweet potato, while fresher herbs provide a burst of flavor. Both dried and fresh herbs are also high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients. They are also a gourmet chef move that will elevate your sweet potatoes with a more dynamic flavor that is extraordinary.
How to make sweet potatoes in the air fryer
Herbs & Oil Marinade Recipe
To make a savory marinade for your air-fried sweet potatoes, this recipe requires just three ingredients. –
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- your favorite herbs, dried for cooking and fresh as a garnish. The garnish is optional. We used dried thyme and garlic powder on ours.
Directions for cooking your sweet potatoes in the air fryer with this recipe:
1. Turn your air fryer to 400°F (204°C), or choose the “French fries” setting if your machine has it, or follow your machine’s instructions for getting it started.
2. Then mix together ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil with 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of your favorite herbs (such as oregano or rosemary).
3. Cut 2 large sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes or into French fries and place them into a bowl.
4. Pour over the oil and herb marinade.
5. Make sure each piece is evenly coated before transferring them to the air fryer basket.
6. Cook for 20 minutes at 400°F (204°C), shaking the basket every 5 minutes for best cooking results!
If you have fresh herbs like parsley, sprinkle some chopped parsley for color and more nutrition and flavor.
Herb Gardener’s Delight Garlic & Savory Herb Blend Recipe for sweet potatoes in the air fryer:
Ingredients for the herb and oil blend:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried parsley flakes
- salt, pepper
- thyme leaves
- basil leaves
- oregano leaves
This herb blend will make a flavorful herb mix that will give your air-fried sweet potatoes an amazing kick!
- Use the instructions on your air fryer for French fries. Usually 20 minutes at 400 is about right.
2, Mix together:
-1 tablespoon garlic powder
-1 tablespoon onion powder
– 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
-Add ½ teaspoon salt
-¼ teaspoon black pepper
-Mix in ½ teaspoon paprika
– ¼ teaspoon each of thyme leaves, basil leaves and oregano leaves .
3. Cut 2 large sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes before placing them into a bowl.
4. Add the herb salt mixture before giving it all one big stir so that everything is evenly coated .
5. Transfer everything to the preheated air fryer basket before cooking for 20 minutes at around 400 degrees, shaking every 5 minutes for even and best results .
The two recipes shared above showcase how you can take advantage of delicious herbs and oils or herb salts when making tasty sweet potato dishes in your air fryer. You can make your own spice blends with the herbs you prefer most or experiment to find new flavors.
By following these recipes, you will be able to create delicious meals while also taking advantage of all the amazing nutritional benefits that come from eating this root vegetable. Enjoy!
How to cook frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer
Your air fryer may have a French fry setting. If it does, use that.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
2. Remove the frozen sweet potatoes from their packaging and place them onto a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over top of the fries, if desired. Season with salt and pepper as desired, then bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
3. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce or toppings!
More from thewellthieone.com
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.