Understanding How Collagen Can Help with Acne
Acne is an incredibly common skin condition that affects millions of people. While there are many treatments and products available to help control acne, collagen has become increasingly popular for its ability to repair and control acne-prone skin.
So what exactly is collagen, and how does it help with acne? Let’s take a closer look at the science behind this natural remedy.
What is collagen?
Collagen is naturally produced and is one of the main proteins in the body. It’s one of the most abundant proteins in humans, and it plays a key role in the health of your skin. It plays a key role in supporting tissue integrity, promoting wound healing, and preventing bone degradation.
As we age, our bodies produce less collagen, which can lead to wrinkles and sagging skin.
In addition to its important biological functions, collagen also has cosmetic benefits. Collagen supports joint health by maintaining cartilage functions and preventing inflammation.
It can help improve skin elasticity and hydration levels.
It has anti-aging effects by fighting against signs of aging like wrinkles and age spots.
How Does Collagen Aid in Acne Treatment?
Collagen can help treat acne because it helps rebuild tissue that has been damaged by acne-causing bacteria. When applied topically as a cream or serum, collagen helps heal wounds faster than usual and prevents scarring from occurring on the surface of the skin.
In addition, studies have shown that topical collagen increases hydration levels in the skin, which helps reduce the redness and inflammation associated with acne breakouts. Finally, collagen can also help reduce sebum production, which can help prevent further breakouts from occurring.
Collagen supplements are also gaining popularity as an effective treatment for acne because they provide essential nutrients like amino acids that are needed to build healthy cells in your body.
These supplements can also reduce inflammation, which can help clear up existing breakouts while preventing new ones from forming as well. By increasing cell turnover rate within your body, these supplements can also improve your overall complexion by targeting dark spots or discoloration caused by previous breakouts.
What are two high-quality, pure collagen supplements that can help with acne?
1. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder with Hyaluronic Acid
Good things to know about Vital Proteins pure form of collagen peptides:
- Bioavailable Collagen Peptides Powder: Sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine. Digested and absorbed by the body quickly for maximum benefits.
- Powerhouse Ingredients: Original Collagen Peptides plus Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C helps improve the health of your hair, skin, nails, joints, bones, ligaments and tendons
- Easy To Use
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides is easily digested and dissolves in cold or hot liquids, like coffee, tea and smoothies.
- One to two scoops a day is all you need!
- Certified Paleo Friendly & Whole30 approved.
- No added sugars or sweeteners.
- Flavorless and odorless.
- Made without gluten & dairy
- 20g Collagen Peptides per Serving
- We include a scoop for measurement, two scoops (one serving) contain 20g of collagen peptides.
- Highly rated on Amazon
2. ORZAX Collagen Peptides Powder, Vitamin C
Good things to know about Orzax pure form of collagen peptides:
- 12g of hydrolyzed collagen protein
- Collagen is the most abundant protein found in all our connective tissues, tendons, ligaments, and bones.
- Provides collagen protein powder type I & III and from the bovines that grass fed that supports healthy hair, skin, nails, joints, ligaments, and tendons.
- Vitamin C that helps promote the body’s natural collagen production and promotes a more youthful and appearance.
- Enriched collagen supplement with hyaluronic acid, vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids powerful ingredients that offer wellbeing advantages for men and women.
- Gluten and sugar free
- Approx 40 Day Supply
- Sourced from pasture-raised grass-fed bovine.
- Scoop is included for measuring.
- Each scoop contains 11 g of Type I & III unflavored collagen powder per serving – provides about 40 daily servings.
- Easy to use.
- Easily digested, flavorless, and mixes easily with food or beverages (hot or cold)
- Customer satisfaction
- Highly rated on Amazon
Concluding thoughts about collagen helping with acne
In conclusion, using collagen to treat acne is an effective way to soothe inflammation and nourish damaged cells while promoting healthy cell growth for improved complexion. Although different methods of applying collagen may be more or less effective depending on individual needs, adding this protein into your daily routine will likely provide noticeable improvements when it comes to controlling your acne outbreaks for good!
More from thewellthieone.com
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.