Calling all foodies! If you’re looking for an easy, delicious and unique stir fry recipe to switch up your weekly dinner menu, then look no further. This Asian-food inspired beef stir fry is sure to tantalize your taste buds with its heavenly combination of sweet and spicy flavors.
We know from the countless food truck lines in every city that there can be some real culinary gems found when it comes to these cult-favorite restaurants on wheels – so we’ve crafted a dish that honors those tastes while made conveniently at home! Dig out your wok or largest non-stick frying pan, it’s time to take your cooking game up a notch without having to leave the comfort of your own kitchen!
How to Make Beef Stir-Fry Sauce
Ingredients for the beef stir fry sauce
- 1-2 inch piece of peeled and minced ginger
- Peeled and chopped garlic, 3 cloves
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Natural sweetener of choice like agave or maple syrup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (or potato starch or tapioca starch for those avoiding corn)
Directions for making the stir fry sauce
- Chop the garlic and ginger in a food processor or by hand.
- Once chopped finely, add the rest of the ingredients and process it all together in the food processor.
These steps can also easily be done by hand. Mix it up well and set aside.
Stir fry ingredients
- 1 pound of any beef you have on hand, cut against the grain into thin bite-sized strips. Flank steak is a good option for a stir fry.
Can stew beef be used for stir fry?
Absolutely! If the pieces are large, cut them, against the grain, into smaller strips. This ensures that the beef will be more tender.
We had some questions about the types of beef that can be used for an Asian stir fry, and if there are different cooking instructions.
How to cook shaved beef for stir fry?
All you have is shaved beef on hand? Well that’s exciting in stir fry land! If you’re looking for a new way to spice up your usual stir fry, seem no further than shaved beef!
Start by patting the meat dry with some paper towels and slicing into strips.
Next, heat up your wok or skillet and add a bit of oil – whichever you prefer.
Add your shaved beef slices, and cook them for less time than you would regular beef stir fry strips.
They won’t take long at all because the beef is thin, so you will be adding your sauce and veggies much sooner than with thicker pieces of beef.
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced in bite-sized strips
- Fresh scallion, otherwise known as green onion
- 1 tablespoon of a healthy oil like olive, avocado or coconut oil for frying
- Optional: Sesame seeds for the topping
How to make beef stir fry
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil into your wok or frying pan and let it heat up.
- Place the beef strips into the pan and cook for a few minutes, turning and stirring the pieces every so often for 3 minutes or until almost done.
- Add the peppers and sauce.
- Cover and let it all the flavors meld together as the sauce cooks with the beef and peppers for a few minutes, stirring every so often.
- When complete, serve on white or brown rice
- Chop scallions on the diagonal and sprinkle on top of your masterpiece.
What if you have leftovers?
Can you use stir fry beef for philly cheesesteak?
Ever been in the kitchen thinking, “I’d love to have a delicious Philly Cheesesteak, but all I have is stir fry beef?” Is it possible? Well, you’re in luck – with a few adjustments, you actually can turn your stir fry beef into an amazing philly cheesesteak! Alright, so maybe it’s not an EXACT replication of the traditional Pennsylvania favorite.
But if you want to recreate the experience at home with whatever ingredients you have on hand, swapping the staple rib eye for stir fry beef is a great option. You’ll just need to keep track of your seasonings and spices because stir fry beef tends to have some strong flavors that could overpower your sandwich.
So get creative and start cooking – who knew stir fry beef and Philly Cheesesteaks had something in common?
We hope that you found this recipe to be as delicious as we did!
More from thewellthieone.com
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.