As we all know, healthy, properly functioning lungs are crucial for quality of life and overall health. However, chronic inflammation of the lungs can cause a number of respiratory problems, including bronchitis and pneumonia. There are natural herbs that can help the lungs function at a higher capacity and help them detox more easily.
Mullein is a natural herbal medicine that has been shown to be effective in reducing inflammation and promoting healthier lungs.
This blog will discuss the properties of mullein and how it can be used to treat the lungs naturally. In addition, this blog will provide information on what to expect from mullein treatment, as well as any potential side effects. Finally, this blog will offer a verdict on mullein’s efficacy as a lung herb and suggest ways in which it can be best used.
What is mullein, and why is it such a good lung herb?
Mullein is a powerful lung herb that has been used for centuries to treat various respiratory problems. What are its superpowers when it comes to keeping the lungs healthy?
- Mullein is naturally anti-inflammatory and high in antioxidants, which aid in the fight against free radicals and respiratory pollutants.
- Mullein helps improve breathing by providing relief from congestion and chest pain, as it is a natural expectorant.
- It provides relief from a simple cough and helps to clear mucus, which are two conditions that, if left untreated, can become much worse. Add mullein to hot water to make a tea or eat it as a food supplement to treat bronchitis, asthma, chest colds, sore throats, excess mucus, and other lung ailments.
- It soothes the walls of the lungs with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is able to eliminate viruses with its antiviral properties, and because of this, most respiratory issues become a thing of the past after treatment with this medicinal herb!
- Mullein is high in mucilage (a substance that helps resist dryness), which makes it effective at soothing and protecting the lungs.
What are 3 highly recommended, quality mullein extracts to use for lung health?
1. Mullein Drops – Lung Cleanse – Mullein Leaf Extract – Powerful Mullein for Lung Detox
What we love about Mullein Lung Cleanse:
- 100% alcohol-free tincture
- Organic mullein leaf raw ingredients
- Mix with water to support healthy breathing
- Powerful lung complex blend provides significant improvements to the respiratory system
- Liquid form 3x more powerful than powder form
- Improves digestion, immunity and overall well being
- Strict quality control manufacturing proces
- Highly rated on Amazon
2. ERBAMAMA Mullein Leaf Liquid Extract -Boost Respiratory Health and Immune Support
What we love about Herbamama Mullein supplement drops:
- Easy to take. 1 full dropper in water 3X a day, or as recommended by your healthcare professional
- Aids for better digestion
- Produces better sleep
- Relieves pain naturally
- Strengthens the immune system
- 100% pure, nothing added or taken away
- Highly rated on Amazon
3. KIKI Green Mullein Leaf Herb Capsules -1000 mg Herbal Lung Cleanse
What we love about Kiki Green Mullein Leaf Lung Complex:
- Highest quality and purity of mullein
- Quit smoking easier, clean up the lungs
- Good manufacturing processes
- Lab and 3rd party tested
- Highly rated on Amazon
How to use mullein for lungs?
Mullein can be used to soothe the lungs in a variety of ways. Here are a few:
- The leaves can be made into a tea or tincture to relieve symptoms and improve breathing quality. This mullein beverage can be consumed daily. This is the most common way to use mullein for lung problems.
An excellent quality mullein tea is made by Alvita. It can be purchased on Amazon.
Alvita Teas Mullein Tea Bag, 24 Count
- The leaves can also be smoked. This is not recommended for people with asthma or other breathing problems, however, as it could make them worse.
- A poultice of the leaves can be applied to the chest as needed.
- Mullein oil can be applied topically to help loosen mucous and congestion.
Many use CBD oil to give more assistance to the lungs if they are finding it hard to breathe, are congested, or have COPD. CBD gummies can help too, along with the use of mullein. Here are reviews of 2 different ones:
Botanical Farms CBD Gummies
Smilz CBD Gummies
Frequently Asked Questions about Mullein
What should I avoid when using mullein to treat my lungs?
Mullein is a great herb to use for lung health, but there are a few things to avoid.
- Do not take mullein if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, as it can be unsafe.
- Avoid using mullein if you have an allergy to the Asteraceae/Compositae family, which is the daisy family, as you may also be allergic to mullein.
- Avoid using mullein if you’re taking blood-thinning medications, as it may increase your risk of bleeding.
Otherwise, feel free to enjoy the benefits of this helpful herb.
Some other potential side effects of mullein include:
- Shortness of breath
- Headache or migraine
Before using mullein to treat lung conditions, be sure to talk to your healthcare professional first.
Can mullein be used as a daily supplement to help improve lung function and quality of life?
Yes, mullein can be used as a daily supplement to help improve lung function and quality of life. Mullein is a powerful herb that has been used traditionally in folk medicine to improve lung function.
Mullein contains phytonutrients like flavonoids, lignans, coumarins, tannins, saponins, and terpenes, which are believed to be effective in boosting the immune system.
In addition to helping with lung health, mullein can also help improve blood circulation and relieve headaches.
Is it safe to drink mullein tea while taking it for lung health?
Yes, it is safe to drink mullein tea while taking it for lung health. Mullein tea is a great way to treat lung health as it has antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
Additionally, mullein tea can help relieve symptoms like coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest congestion.
Lung problems are common and can be quite debilitating. By using mullein as a lung herb, you can help to restore your respiratory system and alleviate symptoms. Mullein is a gentle herb that can be used in various ways to help your lungs heal.
We wish you the best on your continuing journey to optimum health. Thank you for reading!
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.