Perhaps you’ve seen them in movies or on TV, or maybe you’ve even sported a pair yourself. But for those who don’t know, suspenders are a type of clothing worn to hold up pants.
They typically attach to the pants at four points: two in the front near the waistband and two in the back near the waistband.
While they serve a practical purpose, they can also be quite stylish. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to put on suspenders.
- Decide on the style of suspenders you want to wear. There are many different styles available, from thin and delicate to thick and sturdy. Consider both function and fashion when making your choice.
- Put on a dress shirt and a pair of pants that fit well around the waist. Make sure the pants are not too loose or too tight.
- Place the suspenders over your shoulders and start by clipping the back, because it is easier to do this first, then focus on the front.
- Clip both of the clips in the back about six inches apart, centered along the waist in the back.
- Next, we will clip the front. Clip the suspenders onto your pants at the front near the waistband, the left and right side being 3 inches off from the center.
- Adjust the suspenders so that they’re just pulling down on your shoulders slightly, not pulling up on your pants.
It should be a comfortable fit, not too loose or too tight. You may need to experiment a bit to find the perfect fit.
- That’s it! You’re now ready to rock your new suspender look.
Tuxedo Den shows you how to put on suspenders in their 50 second video:
Suspenders can add a touch of class and sophistication to any outfit, but only if they’re worn correctly. With this quick and easy guide, you’ll be able to put on your suspenders like a pro in no time at all. So go forth and strut your stuff with confidence!