It’s no secret that many people are unhappy with the color of their teeth. In a world where white teeth are seen as a sign of beauty and success, it’s no wonder that so many people are looking for ways to get whiter teeth. There are a number of options available, from expensive professional treatments to over-the-counter whitening products.
But did you know that you can actually whiten your teeth with coconut oil? It’s true! Coconut oil has properties that can help to remove stains and whiten teeth. Plus, it’s all-natural, so you don’t have to worry about any harsh chemicals.
What is oil pulling?
Oil pulling is a traditional Ayurvedic practice that involves simply swishing oil around in your mouth for approximately 20 minutes, then spitting it out.
This helps to remove toxins from the body and improve oral health. The oil has the ability to stick to the cell walls of undesirable bacteria in the mouth, pulling it out of the body when you spit it out.
The practice of oil pulling also has the ability to pull harmful bacteria from deeper within the body, beyond the mouth, which aids the whole body in removing toxins, not just bacteria within the mouth. This is why it is recommended that you swish the oil for 20 minutes, so bacteria has a chance to be pulled from within the body during that time.
When bacteria is removed from the oral cavity on a consistent basis, the teeth are whitened as a bonus.
How can oil pulling transform your smile in 7 days?
Coconut oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic technique that involves swishing coconut oil in your mouth for 10-15 minutes. This practice can transform your smile in just 7 days!
Coconut oil has natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce plaque, whiten teeth, and freshen breath.
The oil also helps to draw out toxins from your mouth, which can improve overall oral health. In addition to its dental benefits, coconut oil pulling can also boost your immune system, improve digestion, and reduce inflammation throughout the body.
With just a few minutes each day, you can enjoy a healthier mouth and a brighter, more beautiful smile!
Which oils are best for oil pulling and why?
While coconut oil and sesame oil are the most commonly used oils for oil pulling, there is some debate over which one is more effective.
Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, a powerful antibacterial agent that can help to kill harmful bacteria in the mouth. In addition, coconut oil contains lauric acid, which has been shown to be effective against Streptococcus mutans, the bacteria that cause tooth decay.
Sesame oil, on the other hand, contains high levels of vitamins E and B, which can help to reduce inflammation and promote healing. Ultimately, both coconut oil and sesame oil can be effective for oil pulling, so it may be best to experiment with both to see which one works better for you.
Both oils have antibacterial properties that can help to reduce plaque and prevent gum disease.
What are the best oils for oil pulling?
When selecting an oil for oil pulling, ensure that it is of high quality and organic. Below are two excellent oils for oil pulling.
1. La Tourangelle, Organic Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil
La Tourangelle Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is often on sale on Amazon.
What we love about La Tourangelle Organic Virgin Coconut Oil:
- Pure, fresh coconut taste
- Use for beauty, cooking, baking
- Sustainably produced
- Non GMO
- 14 oz size
- Glass packaging to preserve purity
- Highly rated on Amazon with over 1500 ratings and 4.5 stars
2. Banyan Botanicals Sesame Oil – Organic & Unrefined Ayurvedic Oil
Banyan Botanicals Organic Sesame Oil is often on sale on Amazon.
What we love about Banyan Botanicals Organic Sesame Oil:
- USDA Certified Organic
- Rich and robust, supports the skin, scalp, hair, ears, lips, gums, teeth and feet
- Most popular oil in Ayurveda
- Natural expeller pressed, retaining the oil’s maximum benefits
- Banyan Botanicals is an Ayurveda specialist brand
- Sustainably sourced
- Fairly traded
- 3rd party tested for purity
- 34 ounce size
- Highly rated on Amazon with over 1200 ratings and 5 stars
How to oil pull?
Oil pulling with coconut oil is a simple and effective way to improve oral hygiene. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Choose a high-quality organic coconut oil. Make sure it is solid at room temperature.
- Start with a tablespoon of coconut oil, and place it in your mouth. You can use more or less depending on your preference, but one tablespoon is a good starting point.
- Swish the coconut oil around in your mouth for 10-20 minutes. This may seem like a long time, but it’s important to keep the oil in your mouth for this duration to fully reap the benefits.
- As you swish, the oil will mix with your saliva and start to feel thin and watery. This is normal.
- After 10-20 minutes, spit the oil out into a trash can or tissue. Do not spit it down the sink, as it can clog your pipes.
- Rinse your mouth out with water, and brush your teeth as you normally would.
- Repeat this process once per day, ideally in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
By following these steps, you can incorporate oil pulling with coconut oil into your daily routine and enjoy the potential benefits of improved oral hygiene.
Banyan Botanicals shows you how to oil pull. It’s easy to get used to it!
Concluding thoughts on oil pulling
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic practice that offers a simple and cost-effective way to boost your oral health while also providing teeth whitening benefits. By improving your oral health, you can positively impact your overall wellbeing.
If you enjoy experimenting with natural beauty regimes that offer a range of benefits, oil pulling is definitely worth trying out. However, as with any new health routine, it’s crucial to discuss it with your healthcare provider to ensure that it’s safe and appropriate for your unique needs and circumstances.
With guidance from your healthcare provider, you can incorporate oil pulling into your routine and enjoy the potential benefits it offers.
More from thewellthieone.com
- Dr. Axe: https://draxe.com/beauty/oil-pulling-whiter-teeth-better-breath/
- MindBodyGreen: https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-7857/why-you-should-start-oil-pulling-today.html
- Wellness Mama: https://wellnessmama.com/7866/oil-pulling-for-oral-health/
- Goop: https://goop.com/wellness/health/the-ancient-art-of-oil-pulling/
- Natural Living Ideas: https://www.naturallivingideas.com/oil-pulling-benefits/
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.