If you have had your gallbladder removed, you may need to take an ox bile supplement. The gallbladder is responsible for storing and concentrating bile that is produced in the liver. Bile aids in the digestion of fats. Without a gallbladder, bile leaks into the digestive tract and can cause diarrhea. Ox bile supplements can help replace the missing bile and improve fat digestion.
Other reasons for supplementing with ox bile
There are a few reasons why one might need to take ox bile even if the gallbladder has not been removed.
- Someone has undergone surgery to remove part of the small intestine. This can cause problems with fat absorption and assistance through bile supplementation will be needed to help digest fats.
- Another reason is if a blockage in the bile ducts is discovered. This can cause a build-up of bile in the liver and lead to jaundice. Taking ox bile can help flush the bile out of your system and prevent these issues.
- If one is experiencing the need to digest excessive fats, then this may call for the need to take an ox bile supplement in order to reduce the amount of fat that is being digested.
- In the case of celiac disease or another gluten sensitivity, one may need to take an ox bile supplement in order to improve their absorption of nutrients from food.
What does the gallbladder do?
The gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ located beneath the liver. The primary function of the gallbladder is to store bile, which is a digestive juice produced by the liver. Without a gallbladder, bile leaks into the digestive tract and can cause diarrhea. Bile helps to break down fats in the small intestine so that they can be properly absorbed by the body.
What are the symptoms of a lack of bile or a blocked bile duct?
Lack of bile production can be for many reasons, but the most common is that the gallbladder has been removed. The gallbladder is the organ that ensures fats are properly digested; those who no longer have one will have digestion issues that will require supplementation.
Symptoms involved for those who do not produce or store a sufficient amount of bile sales have been known to experience some or all of the following symptoms:
- Gas that is hard to pass, trapped within the body and uncomfortableFoul smelling gas, worse than ususal
- Non-consistent bowel movements
- Weight loss
- Stools that are pale in color
Does bile burn fat?
Bile has the ability to break up fats or emulsify them into tinier components that can then be broken down further by digestive enzymes. Scientists have discovered that the acids created by the bile ducts can turn fat-storing cells into fat-burning cells.
Can a lack of bile cause weight gain?
The adipose tissues store energy in the form of fat. When the body cannot eliminate toxins in the adipose tissues, these toxins get stored. The toxins get stored within the body in order to protect it from having these toxins run freely through the body. Because the adipose cells are storing toxins rather than getting rid of them, this can lead to weight gain and a bloated appearance.
Does bile irritate the colon?
Bile needs to be reabsorbed from the ileum, and when it is not absorbed properly, these strong acids instead pass into the large intestine, or colon. The bile acids irritate the lining of the colon because they are not supposed to leak into that section of the digestive system.
What foods make your liver produce more bile?
Foods that help the liver produce more bile are the bitter ones like:
- dark leafy greens
- dandelion root
- olive oil
What herbs increase bile production?
The following herbs help to promote the flow of bile and aid in liver repair:
- milk thistle (best for liver repair)
What does an ox bile supplement do?
To assist in the above conditions, ox bile supplementation has been shown to give relief. Ox bile serves to aid in the digestion process by absorbing fat and assisting with the natural detoxification process of the body. It also supports the liver and enables the body to get rid of waste more effectively.
What are some quality ox bile supplements that I can take?
We have done the research so you don’t have to. We have found the following supplements to be high in quality, free of toxic ingredients, and they come highly rated by many others who have purchased them on Amazon.
1. Horbaach Ox Bile 1000 mg 100
What we love about Horbaach Ox Bile Supplement:
- Gluten Free
- 1000 mg per serving
- Helps support liver function
- Therapeutic grade
- Extra Strength formula
- Quick release
- Nothing artificial
- Soy free
- Dairy free
- Quality tested in the USA
- Ethically sourced
- Highly rated with over 2500 ratings and 4.5 stars on Amazon
2. Ancestral Supplements Grassfed Gallbladder w/ Ox Bile & Liver
What we love about Ancestral Supplements Grassfed Gallbladder with Ox Bile and Liver:
- “Like supports like” concept development
- 180 capsules, 500 mg each
- Highly rated on Amaxon with over 1000 ratings and 4.5 stars
3. Nutricost Ox Bile Capsules 125mg, 240 Capsules – Non-GMO
What we love about Nutricost Ox Bile Supplement:
- Non GMO
- Gluten Free
- Third party tested
- High quality ox bile
- Value priced
Where is ox bile derived from?
The best ox bile is derived from a bovine source where no synthetic hormones or antibiotics have been used. True ox bile cannot be considered vegan or vegetarian.
Can you take ox bile if you have no gallbladder?
Taking an ox bile supplement is the most common recommendation for patients who have had their gallbladder removed. Doing so will help avoid the common symptoms mentioned above associated with a lack of bile production and storage due to the loss of the gallbladder.
Can ox bile help with constipation?
Yes, bile is like the body’s own laxative. One of the reasons someone may be constipated is because their body is not making enough bile. Taking an ox bile supplement with each meal can help.
What happens if you take too much ox bile?
According to gastroenterologist Dr Daniel Perl, taking too many bile salt supplements can risk the inflammation of the colon and skin, and could lead to other conditions like pruritus, which causes itchy, scaly skin. Always use as directed.
We hope this information about ox bile supplementation helped. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned, it is always best to consult your healthcare provider first before beginning any new health regime.
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.