Introduction: Understanding the Power of Nature
Diabetes, a debilitating ailment affecting millions globally, has been a focal point in medical research for years. With the surge of alternative medicine, many are exploring natural supplements like Shilajit and Ashwagandha for relief.
These age-old remedies, deeply rooted in Ayurvedic tradition, have shown potential in alleviating diabetes symptoms.
But the question remains – which one to choose? This article delves deeper into these two potent substances, comparing their effectiveness, scientific backing, and user testimonials to guide individuals towards a healthier life.
The Mighty Shilajit: A Gift from the Himalayas
Its unique composition, rich in fluvic acid and over 84 minerals, makes it a potent supplement for overall health and vitality.
5 Reasons Why Shilajit is Celebrated in Ayurvedic Medicine for Diabetes Management
- Diabetes Management: Shilajit has been highlighted in Ayurvedic medicine for its potential to manage diabetes indicators. Its rich mineral content and fulvic acid are believed to help stabilize blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
- Enhanced Brain Function:
Shulamite has properties that may boost brain function of both the left and right hemispheres.
It is believed to increase the brain’s cognitive ability, improving memory, focus, and overall mental performance.
This is especially beneficial for those with diabetes, as they are at a higher risk for cognitive decline.
- Stress and Anxiety Relief: Living with diabetes can often lead to heightened stress and anxiety.
Shilajit is known for its adaptogenic properties, which means it helps the body adapt to stress and promotes mental calmness.
- Fights Common Comorbidities: Diabetes often comes with other health problems like heart disease, kidney disease, and nerve damage. Shilajit is recognized for its ability to fight these comorbidities, offering a holistic approach to managing diabetes.
- Boosts Energy Levels: Fatigue is a common concern among people with diabetes. Shilajit is reputed to boost energy levels, fight fatigue, and improve physical performance, making it a valuable supplement for those battling diabetes.
Indian Journal of Pharmacology
A study conducted by the Indian Journal of Pharmacology revealed that Shilajit could significantly reduce glucose levels and improve lipid profile. This finding has led researchers to believe that Shilajit could be a promising agent in managing diabetes3.
Moreover, personal testimonials further strengthen the case for Shilajit. For instance, John, a 56-year-old diabetic patient, claimed that his blood sugar levels had considerably stabilized after incorporating Shilajit into his daily regimen.
Ashwagandha: The Indian Ginseng
Ashwagandha: A Diabetics’ Ally
Revered for boosting immunity and preventing cellular damage, this ancient herb has been a cornerstone in Ayurvedic healing.
Ashwagandha is also a friend to diabetics because of the following things it can do for them:
- Lowers Blood Glucose Levels: Ashwagandha has been shown to effectively lower blood glucose levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes, making it an effective supplement for managing this condition.
People with type 2 diabetes, however, typically need to test their blood sugar less frequently. Everyday Health suggests that they should take a blood sugar reading at least once a day, though some may need to test as frequently as seven times a day
- Increases Insulin Secretion and Sensitivity: Studies have found that Ashwagandha can increase insulin secretion and enhance insulin sensitivity in muscle cells.
This dual action is particularly beneficial for individuals with diabetes.
- Boosts Immunity: Having a strong immune system is crucial for individuals with diabetes as they are more prone to infections.
- Reduces Stress: Chronic stress can negatively impact blood sugar levels.
Ashwagandha and Diabetes: A Natural Ally?
Ashwagandha has shown potential as an ally for those with type 2 diabetes. Research indicates that it can help lower blood glucose levels.
A systematic review of 24 studies found that treatment with Ashwagandha significantly reduced fasting blood sugar levels.
Additionally, anecdotal evidence supports these findings. Sarah, a 40-year-old woman diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, reported a significant improvement in her energy levels and a decrease in her blood sugar levels after consistently taking Ashwagandha for 6 weeks.
Shilajit and Ashwagandha: A Powerful Duo
While both supplements offer unique benefits, they aren’t mutually exclusive. In fact, combining them might enhance their effects.
Health benefits of Shilajit and Ashwagandha when used to combat diabetes indicators
|Reducing blood sugar levels
|Shilajit can maintain blood glucose profile and reduce blood sugar levels 6
|Ashwagandha can increase insulin secretion and improve insulin sensitivity in muscle cells 2
|Improving lipid profile
|Shilajit can improve lipid profile 6
|Ashwagandha can reduce stress hormone levels 5
|Shilajit can boost immunity 6
|Ashwagandha can improve the body’s immunity system 2
|Shilajit is rich in iron and can help treat iron-deficient anemia 5
|Improving heart health
|Shilajit can reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels 5
This combination could be an effective strategy for managing diabetes symptoms, capitalizing on the unique strengths of both these natural substances.
Conclusion: A Journey Towards Health
Whether you lean towards Shilajit or Ashwagandha, both supplements have shown promise in managing diabetes symptoms. They embody the essence of nature’s healing power, offering a glimpse into the vast potential of alternative medicine.
This article is intended for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
Western medicine wants you to know that Shilajit and Ashwagandha can be used to manage diabetes symptoms, but they cannot cure diabetes. It is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before using these herbs to manage diabetes symptoms.
Sources, additional reading and footnotes
- Shilajit Vs Ashwagandha: What Should You Eat For …
- Shilajit: Benefits, Uses, Formulations, Ingredients, Method …
- Effects of combination of Shilajit extract and Ashwagandha …
- Can ashwagandha help manage diabetes?
- Ashwagandha For Diabetes: 5 Amazing Ways To Use …
- Proven Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
- Ranveer Singh reveals he has shilajit-ashwagandha date …
The links used on thewellthieone.com are affiliate links, which may provide a small commission. This does not increase the price of the goods for the consumer whatsoever. What it does is ensure that useful content like this can continue to be produced. Thank-you for enjoying our content and allowing us to continue to provide more.